Saturday, May 13, 2006

A thread for old people.. snippets

a thread for old people over 50 I mean! I see lots of posts from "young" people, is there any oldies out there? I don't feel old but reading some of the threads I feel a bit left out!

I'll join youI sometimes feel as though when I post in threads, I'm ignored because I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about lol. I'm going to be a grandma for the first time in June, I have grey hair and wouldn't contemplate colouring it, and I feel 21, but with a lot more experience. I nearly said wisdom but I got taken to task for that on one occasion:)

I went in caroline eve last week and the was hesitating over a pair of trousers. The silly silly woman said to me " I can put them away dear its pension day on Tuesday" _ lol, I knew i wasn't aging well but didn't realise I was that bad, long way off from pension yet

I retired way back in 1974 now that really must mean I am really REALLY old however oldness is only a state of mind. An active mind keeps one young, an active mind keeps the body active. And I keep the mind active with doing and making puzzles, I have been making and selling puzzles since 1972, thought I would find something to do in my retirement. The kids all love it, although these days kids minds are preoccupied with too many screens large and small. I made the right choices many years ago and have had a great life and hope to have many more, hopefully another 30

No comments: