Saturday, May 13, 2006

snippet 6

oxtail stew was just wonderful, but a lot of eating through all the little bones. But the flavour superb. Am not sure if I will try the lamb brains though!! Did you used to cook them like a mornay??? Very 'posh' word for us olds

you e & B them and deep or shallow fry. We had them with chips & eggs quite yum. And they were really cheap then. Neck chops were too, make a stew out of them, but made sure to boil first and then cool and skim the fat off

Yumm...Oxtail Stew ??? Lambs Fry & Bacon ?? Tripe & Onions?? At this rate I may have to get a Rail Pass and visit a different house for dins every night! Yummm!!!! I also love kidneys ... not something I have seen mentioned so far. Anyone else love these too ??

Favoured food mutton of any sort... but I have never ever eaten it (I hate the smell)..but because my 'master' is a stock agent and used to get many free mutton gifts given I cooked for them for all and they still come home for mum's roast of mutton of any kind...plus the roast spuds & veg and the home made gravy!!!Now only two of us so doesn't happen often.

kidneys are yum too cooked with mushrooms and tomatoes, bacon and a nice peice of bread and butter to soak up the juice......bread & butter pudding and cream

I think a mutton stew is the most revolting thing I have ever cooked...I am sure it is the colour!! That pale yuk look..and the excess fat. But if people lick there lips afterwards and I haven't had to eat it ... good luck to them!!!

Talking of tongues hahaha I remember when I was a kid and we went visiting some friends ofn a farm, my best friend came too and we had tongue for lunch. Seem to remember she was sick eating it. I don't fancy it at all, but I'm sure my Mum use to make it for us. I do remember coming home from school and she would be boiling up a pigs head to make brawn. She was here a few weeks ago from England and oohhhed and arrggghhhed at seeing pigs heads for sale in the butchers. I remember taking the pigs head onece and sticking it on my sisters bed with an apple stuck in its mouth, boy did she scream when she came home from work and saw it

No comments: