Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Save Money

http://www.simplesavings.co.nz/

I wanted to thank you so much once again! We had hit a financial sink hole in the last week and found ourselves with just $40 to make do for the week and having not done the food shopping for our hungry family of four, I was terrified. This caused a lot of stress fights between myself and my husband this last weekend, (my only days off this fortnight!) so ... I decided to look you up again and saw the $21 Challenge. Instead of feeling like a destitute Sad Sally, I am a Happy Hanna again and we managed to just scrape in. Not only that but we are eating well and not wanting for anything! Using tips from the past newsletters I organised the kitchen, made a weeks lunches ahead (something I scoffed at previously!) and pre-made slow cook dinners and have really enjoyed eating 'real food' again. I am extending the Challenge to make everything from scratch which will be fun as I love to cook and can't see why I didn't anyway! I now realise how much money we have been wasting since I went back to work last year from maternity leave, and knowing that money saved equals time with my family, has given me new incentive! Thanks to you we are a happy family again this week and our new motto is 'ugly food = great cook'."

No comments: