Sunday, May 14, 2006

Naki 2

just hunted out my bodkin & some wool to darn Col's woollen socks....remember when we used to get taught sewing in school girls. Darning, smocking, tacking, sewing on a button, embroidery stitches, inserting a zip & HOW TO TURN A COLLAR. Who turns collars these days.

Ben bought out a pair of trousers this morning and asked me if I would mend them..Looks like I have a job for today..,,and get some rain..got a bit heavier at the moment..And yes those things that we were taught at High school Have stood us in good stead.Not that I have ever done any smocking since school but the other things have come in very handy.

Looking out on a water fall in the kaimai ranges as I sit here and the left side of me is Mt Te Aroha. A field of corn is waiting to be cut, and cows graze in a paddock out the back..Lovely outlook from here.Set back from the road ,you dont hear any traffic noise.

Went to Sacred Heart for 4 years, then Spotswood, Piopio College and Girls High...yep been around a few!! I'm def a Naki girl...will always consider it home, I miss the friendliness of people down there. Hopefully once I'm qualified (I'm studying law), I can go back down there and get a job...

Been busy doing the monthly newsletter for BRONZ Taranaki and trying to put a few more items away in the kitchen. Ian will be photographing the Taranaki Tarmac rally on saturday. If you saw todays supplement we go under the name 'Positive Images Photography'. Then on Saturday evening he heads up to Auckland to photograph the jet boat sprints and see his folks on Monday. Rest of next week we will be busy getting the photos out to the drivers before we head down south on Friday.

we decided to head off to Ohura, as I had never bee that road before. Well, what a long and winding road... That's another road I wont ever go on again! met a few sheep - they ran in front of the car, heading for the gate - .. darn... ouch - the gate is closed!

we took that route once too,and got lost... took a wrong turning and ended up taking an hour longer than what we should have..Never again.. I,m not good on winding roads anyway...and we ended up on a metal road. My brother in law was driving and we were all talking and not paying too much attention to the directions

meat spuds and three veges most of the time..Real farm food..Meat cooking while your at the shed and rush home to put the veges on .mainly do without pudding now although Frank has a plate of icecream every night with blocks of choc on

Also at Easter the Ohangai School celebrates its 100th yr Jubilee..They are combining this with the Meremere district as the school up there has been closed for a number of yrs..Having done most of my schooling at Meremere till moving down to Ohangai in standed six where I finished my last 6months before going off to HTHS as it was known in those days

The Ngahuru Elderly Care home is getting a face lift ..Donations are being sort to help with this project..You can buy a brick for $100 and have what ever inscription you would like put on it.. A new entrance way is being done now

Wesley Methodist Church To celebrate 100yrs an artical in the Hawera Star this week In may 1905 a tender was excepted to build the Church at a cost of £1273 The new Church was opened on April the 15th 1906

No comments: